Please refer to our Estimate Forms for a listing of the items necessary for a basic gutter system.
- Submit information on website: Enter the complete information as if placing an order on our website. Payment information is not required at this time. We will calculate the boxing & shipping and return the information to you as a complete estimate ready to be confirmed.
- Submit Estimate Form: Complete an estimate form with shipping address and material totals and e-mail or fax to us. We will calculate the boxing and shipping for you and return a complete estimate to you, ready to be confirmed.
NOTE: It is not possible for us to quote shipping charges without accurate shipping information.
A gutter box is necessary for shipping the gutter. We can nest 4–6 pieces of gutter per box depending on the size of gutter and shipping destination.
Please give us 7-10 days notice-we will provide you with pick-up instructions and directions. You must be able to support and secure the entire length of gutter stacks.
We accept all major credit cards, wire transfers, as well as business and personal checks. If you choose to send a business or personal check, we will wait approximately 5 to 7 business days before processing your order. We strive to keep all items in stock. Lead time is generally 7 to 10 business days. Allow 1 to 8 days for shipping depending on the destination.
We are manufacturers, not installers. We ship nationwide to homeowners, contractors, distributors and suppliers. We are happy to assist you with basic installation questions on an individual basis.
- UPS Orders: UPS-able orders can easily be shipped to Canada. All Canadian duties, taxes and fees are the customer’s responsibility.
- Freight Deliveries: For common carrier deliveries, we will need your Canadian broker information. If you do not have a broker, we may be able to help you identify a broker. All Canadian duties, taxes and fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Yes, however, you must call to place your order for accurate shipping rates. International orders cannot be placed on the website.
Whomever the installer, we recommend they take all measurements to insure proper lengths. (We feel that adding extra footage of gutter and downspout is a good idea.)
Simply lap the gutter approximately 12″ after trimming back the front lip and back hem of the gutter. Screw down and caulk for aluminum and Galvalume or solder for copper.
Strip miters are formed to the configuration of inside and outside corners on a gutter system. Miters are installed on the outside of the gutter and are approximately 3″ wide. Your cuts need not be perfect, the miter allows for tolerance while maintaining a custom corner. An additional 12″ of gutter length is required for each outside mitered corner. It is not necessary to add footage for inside corners.
- 90° corner: cut 2-45° angles
- 45° corner: cut 2-22 1/2° angles
First, determine if you have a fascia board that you can use to attach brackets. If so, any of our fascia brackets are a good option. If you prefer to hang your gutter from the roof, our hanger unit (bracket & rod combination) is a good option.
We suggest that all of our brackets be installed every 32″ on center.
We suggest that the gutter be sloped approximately 1/16″ per foot for good drainage.
Check our elbow pages for specific details of each elbow.
- 72° elbows are most commonly used in installations with larger offsets.
- 40° elbows are used in applications with a minimal roof overhang, or can be used as a ledge jumper.
No, copper and brass are not compatible with aluminum and Galvalume.
The general rule is approximately 30′-40′ of gutter per 4″ downspout.
Chromating is the coating process used on our aluminum castings as a primer for paint. The chromate layer enhances the adhesion between the aluminum and your paint coating. The chromated finish must be painted to ensure a long lasting aluminum casting.
You will be notified with specific receiving instructions (via e-mail) that your gutter order has shipped. It is important that you follow the instructions carefully in order for the process to go smoothly. You will receive the contact information to the freight company, the Pro# of your shipment and the number of boxes that are being shipped. This is all important information when receiving your material.
Extra gutter components may be returned with approval. A return authorization number will be given for an approved return (please complete and submit the form below). A 20% restocking fee will be assessed and return shipping fees are the responsibility of the customer. Gutter and downspout are not returnable.
Please fill out and submit the Request for Return Authorization Form below before shipping items back to us. Thank you!